Friday, August 24, 2012

Half Day

Work was dragging all morning so I was happy to skip off when I learned I wasn't needed. I've been working strange hours recently and haven't felt very productive. The house is a mess and I seem to barely be in it. I was glad to take the long route on the way home from work. I was going to hunt for old bottles on the beach but the tide was coming in and I didn't want to get my boots wet. I did discover a treasure on my walk though. Along the wild hillside across the park I spotted a crab apple tree. The tree at my dads didn't produce anything this year and I was sad to miss out on making crab apple jelly. My sadness as been banished upon the discovery of this little wild city tree. I didn't take any pictures but I surely will when I go to harvest some tiny, tart jewels this weekend.

The one day off I've had this week was overwhelmingly lovely. Dan and I spent the morning puttering around the house and garden hauling in armloads of tomatoes. Dan's inadvertently spicy sauce was bonkers good I just want to eat it on everything. In the evening we went to the Belle Isle Marsh which is only a few T stops away but until Monday was undiscovered by us. Before we even entered the marsh I spotted a little birds nest and we climbed a fence to get a better look.

I was taken aback by how beautiful the marsh was. I spend most of my day toiling away in the heart of the city so I was overjoyed to find such a sanctuary of nature only a few miles from my home. One of the reasons we went to the marsh was so i could experiment with my first roll of expired 35mm film. I took photography classes in high school but dropped the hobby as I got older. I recently picked up my beloved Pentax k100 and started messing around. 

My expired film turned out a lot more lomography-ish than I expected it to. All the photos hazy a grainy pink ting to them. I was actually quite pleased to see that some of turned out. 

you can see the sky line and watch the planes take off from logan from the towers in the park. I think I might take a ride up again on my day off and really do some exploring. 

I'll leave you with a sort of outfit picture. It was so damn hot when I got home my dress was immediately flung on the bedroom floor. I'm wearing lace and a bear. 



see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment