Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Hat

Today is my day off. I had grand plans to bake pretzel rolls and do ALL of the laundry but got side lined by random anxiety this morning. I decided to take it easy on myself and finish knitting the hat that I've been working on. Its Brooklyn Tweed Habitat.


It's knit with Malabrigo Worsted in Olive. 

I don't use Malabrigo nearly enough as I'd like to. It gets a little pilly but it's softness in unrivaled and it makes perfect cozy winter hats. I love the colorway. It reminds me of the northern vermont forests I've been missing so much recently. 


I plan on wearing it quite a bit this winter. As the days are getting shorter and cooler I go into a bit of a winter preparedness frenzy. I need to can and knit everything. Where's my favorite bread recipe? Where are all my fingerless gloves? Gotta get ready. Now that this hat is finished maybe ill finally get around to working on my sweater.


my face

Taking pictures of this hat inspired me to take a few shots of my favorite room in the apartment. Our back porch room is dan's office/studio and the plant room. 


I havent been very loving to my plants recently. Nor have I been collecting them with as much voracity as I had been last summer. I think I need some new ones. 




This guy looks almost exactly like the colorway of my new hat. I really need to repot it before fall truly sets in. I think its time to make some to do lists! I did have a little adventure today but I'm going to wait to tell you about it. I just wanted to stop in and say hi! look two whole blog posts! it might be a record for me!

2 comments:

  1. nice hat! I love the colour, it goes with your eyes too - even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I didn't even realize that about the color until I looked at those pictures! Usually they are more hazel. I'll have to start wearing more green i think! :)

    ReplyDelete