Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Right now I should be monogamous to my beautiful Brooklyn tweed fair isle sweater. I finished the sleeves but stumbled after twisting  my cast on stitches for the main body twice! What's a girl with a cheating heart to do?

Um cast on for a billion projects at once right? Right?

One boring afternoon many years ago when I was working at Harrisville Designs I decided to take all the leftover half used bobbins from old weaving project and wind them into a rainbow ball of yarn. I've been carrying around this strange ball for probably six years not paying much attention to it until I was falling asleep a few nights ago. My eyes popped open and I thought 'I have to use that yarn IMMEDIATELY!' I think all knitters have experienced that feeling before. So in the wake of my late night mania this hat was born.





I love it more than I imagined I would. I think it will be my go to fall hat. If you know me in person you know that as soon as the weather gets cool enough I am always wearing a hat. Inside and out.  So I really can't have enough sturdy yet lightweight semi slouchy hats.  Anyway Im smitten.


The grey was done with Knit Picks Palette and the colors are all Harrisville designs Shetland. I don't know which colors they are exactly as its been a number of years. Knitting this hat made me remember how much I love Shetland Style. It isn't exactly a fingering weight and it isn't quite sport. Its dense and coarse in an extremely pleasing way. I'm sensing a splurge on a large fair isle project in Shetland style coming up. Maybe a christmas present to myself?


The pattern can be found here. It's been in my ravelry queue since forever. Oh if you're on ravelry lets be friends! My user name is Redkate. What projects have you been working on these days?


No comments:

Post a Comment